ACTDEC is an independent body whose function is to provide frameworks and accreditation structures for providers of ELT teacher training through online or blended provision. This mission is motivated by recognition of the need for such globally available provision to be measured and monitored for the benefit of course providers, employers and students.
- ACTDEC is the Accreditation Council for TESOL Distance Education Courses, a non-profit making independent body responsible for maintaining professional standards in TESOL distance programmes.
- Based on a rigorous professional code of practice ACTDEC accredits TESOL/TEFL distance course providers at different course levels graded from introductory to advanced.
- The same syllabus content, at each level, is covered by all ACTDEC accredited providers though course methodology, approach and delivery may differ.
- ACTDEC accredited courses are regularly audited to ensure that quality expectations are being met.
- ACTDEC awards four certificates and a diploma to successful course participants. These awards state the level, syllabus and course content covered. They also serve to guarantee schools and institutions world wide of quality training assurance through accredited and regulated distance education provision.