The Portfolio Scheme is currently being revised.
Schools wishing to employ or willing to sponsor a distance-trained teacher should be in a position to meet the following criteria.
- The sponsoring school is able to offer a minimum of six hours unobserved but supervised teaching practice during the first month and a further ten hours observed and assessed teaching practice during the remainder of the practicum.
- The school is able to provide documentary evidence of recognised professional standing in the locality
- The school employs at least one full-time senior teacher holding a recognised TESOL/TEFL diploma. A list of recognised diplomas can be obtained from the ACTDEC information officer or can be seen at the bottom of this page.
- The sponsoring school is prepared to abide by the principles and procedures (prescribed by the ACTDEC Council) governing the teaching practice development scheme.
If your institution fulfils the above requirements and is willing to consider applicants please contact ACTDEC.
Registration is free
ACTDEC will put suitable applicants directly in touch with you. All you need to do is complete the sponsoring form.
See an overall view of the scheme in a nutshell.
Recognised Diploma Qualifications
- ACTDEC (Level 6) Diploma in the Theory & Methodology of TESOL
- Cambridge/RSA Diploma in Teaching English as a Foreign Language to Adults
or Cambridge Diploma in English Language Teaching
- Trinity College Licentiate Diploma in TESOL
- College of Teachers Diploma in TESOL