The ACTDEC Teaching Practice Portfolio Scheme was set-up to enable ACTDEC certified distance-trained teachers to find initial TESOL employment with reputable institutions able to support them to successfully complete the teaching practice scheme leading to a Certificate of Teaching Practice Development in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages awarded by ACTDEC.
Schools and Academies
The scheme also aims to provide schools with newly-trained teachers well-versed in the current theory and methodology of TESOL but not yet experienced in the practice of English language teaching.
Advantages for Schools
- There is no charge for advertising a vacancy
- Recruitment is absolutely free
- ACTDEC accreditation guarantees a high standard of teacher training
- You select your trained teacher according to level
- Teaching practice can be organised to reflect the school’s philosophy
- Administrative overheads are reduced to a minimum
- You decide on the pay offered and hours of work
- Prestige gained as a result of running an in-house training programme
- Simple online application form for schools wishing to participate